• Manage the implementation and maintenance of safety programs, compliance plans, and initiatives.
• Conduct, coordinate and track various training to support company programs and compliance.
• Conduct routine safety inspections to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, company environmental, health, and safety policies, procedures and practices.
• Ensure the company meets all its compliance obligations with OSHA, EPA, ADA, fire codes, etc.
• Maintain internal and regulatory documentation and reporting
• Serve as primary contact for all regulatory agencies for inspections, permitting, reporting (air, water, waste).
• Maintain compliance with permits, government regulations and other industry practices.
• Participate in the investigation and documentation of accidents, near misses and property damage incidents. Ensure follow-up and corrective actions are completed to minimize future exposure.
• Keep abreast of any safety and environmental law or regulation changes that impact the organization.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with Operations, Managers, Supervisors and employees.
• Special projects as required.
QUALIFICATIONS / OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- 1 – 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with responsibility for Environmental, Health and Safety
- BS in Occupational Health and Safety or related field (preferred)
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to be on call or work off hours as needed
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Superior analytical/ problem solving, written and verbal communications
- Experience working with regulatory agencies preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) desired
- Ability to manage travel up to 40%