Project Manager/ Design Engineer
Future Foam is a leading manufacturer of polyurethane foam, carpet underlay and comfort products. We are looking for a successful engineering professional that possesses the following qualities.
● Instills a safe working environment both physically and emotionally for one’s self and others
● Promotes excellence in manufacturing, quality and service
● Creates an open, trusting and collaborative environment to foster communication at all levels of the organization
● Practices confidentiality to instill trust
● Be emphatic agents of change and help others adapt to it
● Take ownership, be accountable and lead by example
● Conduct one’s self with integrity and respect towards others
● Builds individual success through team success. Motivate and support others to be successful
The Project Manager’s/ Design Engineer’s responsibilities include providing project conceptions, project quotation, mechanical engineering and technical support. Engineering duties include mechanical and electrical design, light programming, documentation and testing, and generating CAD drawings. The position also performs start up support both on and off site as required as well as troubleshooting of existing systems.
● Develop mechanical designs within solidworks to aid in safety and productivity.
● Work with our controls team to integrate controls and automation into new and existing projects.
● Research supplier products for assembly components to decrease project costs and ease assembly and operation
● consolidate spare parts for future and existing equipment by utilizing common spares
● Help establish new and maintain existing standards
● Develop BOM’s for all projects
● Check quality of assemblers and technicians work and respond to inquiries during assembly
● Troubleshoot issues with existing company installed systems
● Write user manuals to communicate functionality of company developed equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS / OTHER REQUIREMENTS
● BS degree in engineering or related discipline (BSME degree preferred)
● 3+ years of experience in project management or design
● Proficient in Design/Drafting Tools AutoCAD and SolidWorks
● Proficient in simulation software such as solidworks simulation
● Strong work ethic and the ability to be hands on and work with the maintenance department during fabrication and install.
● Proficiency in welding, fabricating and machining practices
● Programming Logic Controllers is a plus (PLC) (e.g. Allen-Bradley, Siemens)
● Familiarity in C, C++, or Java is a plus
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and general computer literacy
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Must be a self-starter, team player, work well with others and have a positive attitude
● Must be a creative thinker, results oriented, focused, and attentive to detail and accuracy
● Must have ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
● Ability to manage travel up to 10-30%
● Flexibility to work after hours, and some weekend and holidays if needed.