Production & Shipping Planner
The selected candidate will be an active contributor to the logistics, production, and customer service teams. He/she will work in conjunction with the manufacturing team and have the opportunity to get involved in all aspects of the supply chain process. Major functions of this position include working to continuously improve the order cycle process so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability, scheduling and oversight of inbound and outbound freight operations while working to optimize freight costs, and backing up areas within the Traffic department as needed. The ideal candidate will have a background in supply chain or planning, strong communication and problem solving skills, and passion for continuous improvement. We are interested in highly-motivated, technically-minded, individuals with a hunger for excellence.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategically plan and schedule all logistics including interplant, outbound, inbound, and warehouse transportation
- Indirectly organize, coach, and problem-solve logistical operations within the shipping department.
- Work with customers, carriers, and internal stakeholders to reduce transportation costs, shorten lead times, and ensure appropriate communication to all impacted parties is being met at a satisfactory level
- Manage warehouse inventory levels and produce monthly reporting of inventory.
- Performs data analysis on customer service processes in order to optimize productivity and efficiency
- Direct, optimize, and coordinate full order cycle
- Indirectly supervise Future Foam Fleet Drivers & Warehouse Loaders’ scheduled activities
- Create, maintain, and analyze metric data to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Comply and keep up-to-date with DOT laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Responds to all internal and external requests for information.
- Perform other duties as required by the supervisor.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Educational Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, supply chain, engineering, or equivalent.
Qualifications: The preferred candidate will have 1-5 years of experience in logistics and/or supply chain management.
- Excellent organizations skills, strong attention to details, the ability to multi task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong troubleshooting and computer skills.
- Professionalism, integrity, and the ability to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Proven work experience as a logistics manager with a record of successful logistics management and leadership.
Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Good computer skills and understanding of website navigation is a must. Experience with Transportation Management Systems preferred.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Environment: 90% Office Environment
10% Production Floor