Production Planner/Flexible Polyurethane Foam
Future Foam, founded in 1958 and family owned, is a leading manufacturer of flexible polyurethane foam with plants throughout the United States and beyond. The business was built and continues to grow on a foundation of collaboration and entrepreneurship. Our values and culture are based upon mutual support, honest dealings, and operational excellence. For more about who we are and what we do please visit our web site at www.futurefoam.com.
Future Foam has an immediate opportunity for a Production Planner at its new facility in Mansfield, Ma. This is a hands on position and reports to the Plant Manager.
Manage the development and execution of daily production schedules in order to meet customer demand and expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and implement planning tools.
• Establish daily production schedules based on customer work orders. These include foam production, cutting line, and fabrication schedules.
• Coordinate with Fabrication, Shipping, and Traffic to insure their respective alignments to the daily plan.
• Work closely with customer service to insure orders are accurate and timelines achievable.
• Adjust the daily plans as necessary to account for new orders or changes to existing orders.
• Consistently evaluate inventory levels to prevent and/or identify excess.
• Cover Traffic, Shipping, and Fabrication when supervisors for those areas are on leave.
• Member of the Physical Inventory Team.
• Adherence to all safety standards, policies, and procedures.
• Adherence to all quality standards, policies, and procedures.
• Exercises sound judgement, is honest, and demonstrates integrity in all dealings.
• Provide leadership by establishing trust with all co-workers by: Being Approachable, Accepting Responsibility, Practicing Confidentiality, and being Mutually Supportive.
• Participate in hiring, training, development, and management of plant employees.
The successful Production Planner will have:
• A.S. in Industrial Engineering (or equivalent).
• Strong manufacturing background (5 years +).
• Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to learn, understand, and control automated systems.
• Ability to prioritize and balance workloads in real time.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office products including Word, Excel, Power Point.
• Strong interpersonal skills, is driven and a self-starter.
• Ability to work long and irregular hours in response to customer demands.
• Must possess valid Driver’s License.
Future Foam offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits program. Benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k), and much more.
Employment contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment background check and drug screening. All candidates hired must provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the U.S.