Lead Dispatch Coordinator
The selected candidate will be an active contributor to the leadership team. This individual will work in conjunction with the manufacturing team and have the opportunity to get involved in all aspects of the supply chain process. This role occupies a pivotal role in the execution of the Traffic/Logistics office by supporting multiple functions across all locations. This person will be involved with the logistics platform, warehouse, shipping and receiving, billing, fleet accounting and customer service. The ideal candidate will have a background in logistics or supply chain, strong communication and problem solving skills, and passion for continuous improvement. We are interested in highly-motivated, technically-minded, individuals with a hunger for excellence.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the management of trailer inventory and equipment needs for Future Foam Campus.
- Support Customer Logistic systems and functionality by reporting order and shipment/trailer details to ensure data accuracy.
- Ensure billing is up to date through direct management of branch loads and supporting other billing requirements as directed.
- Manage monthly Transportation Cost tracking.
- Facilitate BOL paperwork and ensure that al inbound/outbound shipments, fleet drivers and Warehouse personnel are aware and given the correct work orders for daily business requirements.
- Support fleet management by organizing freight, tractor/trailer maintenance and repair invoicing.
- Organize and properly report/file driver paperwork and fuel receipts.
- Manage monthly reporting driver’s monthly log/mileage sheets to lease companies and internal stakeholders.
- Assist with posting shipments to RTF tool supporting load planning operations.
- Monitor and update inventory data by tracking shipment/order quantities and updating the information in current production/inventory tools.
- Organize orders from Customer Service Team to support shipment planning.
- Ensure coverage for all freight and loads.
- Coordinate pickup and delivery of loads to customers on time and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Assist Quality Control by supporting documentation of results.
- Resolve arising shipping problems/complaints.
- Comply and keep up-to-date with DOT laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Responds to all internal and external requests for information.
- Work to solve any problems that may arise with drivers and deliveries.
- Perform other duties as required by the Traffic Manager.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Educational Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, supply chain, or business administration preferred.
Qualifications: The preferred candidate will have 3 years experience in logistics and/or supply chain management.
- Excellent organizations skills, strong attention to details, the ability to multi task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong troubleshooting and computer skills.
- Professionalism, integrity, and the ability to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Proven work experience as a logistics manager with a record of successful logistics management and leadership.
Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Good computer skills and understanding of website navigation is a must. Experience with Transportation Management Systems preferred.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Environment: 80% Office Environment
20% Production Floor