Fabrication Branch Manager
This position requires a highly motivated leader to manage and oversee it's, well established Springfield, Missouri operation. This facility specializes in fabrication of polyurethane foam for the boat and furniture industry. This person will maintain complete manufacturing responsibility, make significant opinion contributions and offer guidance involving matters of customer sales, and overall responsibility for plant profitability, all while promoting and maintaining a zero accident - safe work environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate, plan and schedule production activity enabling timely delivery to customers.
- Purchase raw materials and supplies, while maintaining adequate inventory and customer satisfaction.
- Must have entrepreneurial attitude, be “hands on” and maintain a degree of mechanical aptitude.
- Must demonstrate a high level of accountability, take personal ownership of the operation and lead by example.
- Oversee proper training of workforce in addition to cross training of plant associates.
- Continuously promote and instill a safe work environment, Future Foam’s culture, vision and best work practices, promoting excellence in manufacturing, quality and service.
- Create and maintain an open, trusting and collaborative environment, fostering communication at all levels of the organization.
- Implement best practices and systems around lean manufacturing, production scheduling, inventory, and logistics.
Education and Qualifications
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a technical field preferred although not mandatory.
Qualifications: The preferred candidate will have 5+ years of manufacturing experience in foam manufacturing or related field.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail the ability to multi task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Prior experience with Auto Cad along with CNC programming highly desired, although will provide training for the right individual.
- Professionalism, integrity and the ability to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook. Strong computers skills a must.
- Work experience in the boat manufacturing area is a plus
If you meet the above criteria, we are eager to hear from you. All resumes are held in strict confidence and can be sent to Cynthia Holaday at firstname.lastname@example.org.